29 Aug 10 Reasons Why the Faceless Workforce is so Powerful
10 Reasons Why the Faceless Workforce is so Powerful
The advent and development of technology has shaped a digital workforce forming an electronic community and e-commerce. The future of business combines human skill and talent with online platforms to allow for international, multilingual, diverse-skilled and proficient employees to work remotely and in real time.
The conventional work day will eventually dissipate over time and project teams will be scattered all over the world, joined only by technology. Imagine a team with infinite possibilities – skill and flexibility in partnership with the power of digital tools.
Take a look at popular magazines and newspapers, mainstream supermarkets and your favourite clothing stores – they have all moved online! That is where majority of information is distributed and customer engagement is happening. Our every daily experience has been digitised – from buying groceries and paying utility bills to receiving information and sending queries. For this to be effective, businesses have equipped employees to make the digital switch and there is true power in the faceless workforce.
This paradigm shift is progressive and frees human potential. Moving your office online may be more vital to your business objective and here’s why:
- Employees no longer have to sit at a desk from 9-5. They can work remotely and determine their hours based on productivity. They are no longer rewarded for hours put in, but rather the value they provide and the amount of work they have accomplished. Working towards goals is trending and the faceless workforce is now rewarded for product/content value.
- People with different specialisations can work together on the same projects, at the same time without the limitations of space and time. Hiring managers can now employ people with the required expertise.
- Virtual teams are more productive as they can bring their skills and input from various locations and with digital tools can leave schedules to be continued or completed by colleagues in different time zones with detailed notes, outlines and reviews.
- Online workforces provide learning opportunities where employees can access and observe other skills by working closely with people from different markets and countries.
- Faceless employees can be trained on e-learning platforms as well as face-to-face. Training requirements no longer have to be fulfilled by HR and closing skill gaps and promoting company objectives has become easier.
- Online collaboration tools allow ongoing monitoring, feedback and improvements of project development and employee performance. Everyone can stay aware of schedule changes, time frames, updates and comments in real time.
- With multigenerational teams, a variety of communication methods can increase productivity as some communicate better in a video call and others via e-mail or Google Docs status updates. Making the communication process effortless can promote efficiency.
- Improve employee engagement. Digital workforce and freelance employees have shown to interact more and better with their colleagues across departments using digital tools.
- Better customer engagement.
- Digital tools provide online support and solidarity to employees while maintaining flexibility, freedom and autonomy.
With millennials born into a digital age and forming part of the workforce, there is a new urgency for companies to move online so that the latest generation of employees can keep up with today’s evolving consumers. It’s not too late for your business to embrace the changing nature of workplaces… support the revolution and stay ahead of the game. If you are a client looking for services find out more here or perhaps a freelancer looking for work click here.